Staying fit while on holiday can be difficult, so we came up with a few tips that will help you get a quick workout while visiting us in Rotorua. Don’t beat yourself up, if you can’t do your normal workout routine aim for maintaining your fitness instead.
- Explore on foot – Instead of catching a taxi, bus, car, take a walk! Spend some time walking through the town, or hiking Rotorua’s Redwoods.
- Express workout in and around your motel room – Jog, run or walk like you normally would followed by an express work out. 25 push-ups, 25 crunches, 25 tricep dips and 25 prisoner squats. Or if you need something a little less intense, take a swim in one of many Rotorua’s lakes.
- Skip fit – A skipping rope is a great way to keep fit while on holiday, they’re small, lightweight and easy to pack. They’ll also give you a great workout. (Ask us if you dont have one)
- Casual Gym Rates – If your are aiming for a gym workout, there are plenty of fitness centers that offer causal rates. You’ll pay around $5 per work out in the gym, and some may even even offer a free trial.
- Dance the night away – A great way to keep moving is to head out with friends and go dancing. One hour of dancing will burn mega calories and you’ll get to have a whole lot of fun. The Lava Bar, The Shed, and the Astrolabe Brew Bar are all great places to dance the night away.
- Get adventurous – Rotorua is filled with activities and attractions that can substitute a workout, whether your zip-lining thought the trees, enjoying one of Agroventures many physical activities or zorbing down a hill.
- Lastly – Listen to your body, if you’re tired and you truly need a break, take it. Relax after a hard work out in one of our in-room spa pools.