If you are looking to plan an unforgettable family holiday, Rotorua is the place to be. With no shortage of activities to suit the entire family. Rotorua’s adventure attractions, stunning lakes and forests, and friendly locals will sure make this is a holiday you wont forget.
Fantastic Family Holiday Based Activities –
- Skyline in Rotorua is an amazing way to spend an entire day on a family holiday, no matter how young or old. The 3 different luge tracks means the entire family can enjoy a thrilling ride through the hills. The gondola ride to the top of the hill provides a fantastic experience for everyone, offering 360 degree views of Rotorua, and some stunning photo opportunities. Take a picnic or enjoy the food offered by the cafe, or restaurant located at the summit of Mt Ngongotaha.
- Adventure Playground is your one stop shop for the Adrenalin junkie family holiday. They offer a number of activities including Quad biking, Horse trekking, 4wd buggy tours and claybird shooting. Adventure Playground pride themselves on putting safety first, so you know you and your family will have a great time.
- Highly recommended is Rainbow Springs Nature park. It’s an activity the entire family will enjoy. With wild trout for you to feed, bird aviaries and viewing the native kiwi. This is a great way for the family to interact with our beautiful animals.
- Rotorua’s many lakes provide safe and fun swimming spots for the whole family. We recommend Hamurana Reserve. The reserve is popular with families and picnic tables, toilets, a safe swimming zone and playground. It’s the perfect spot for a family picnic or a free day enjoying Rotorua’s natural environment. Great for the water loving family holiday.
- Rotorua’s Lake Front Reserve is located in the centre of Rotorua and is the perfect place for families. The Reserve is home to local markets, concerts and pony rides and offers various recreational activities. With onsite BBQ’s and playground, you’ll be able to enjoy a whole day of activities in one place.
- If it’s a kiwi experience your looking for, then Agrodome is for you! This unique farm experience, will introduce the family to sheep, horses, and the New Zealand farm life. You can even take a ride on the wagon pulled by 3 Clydesdale horses.
Rotorua is a stunning town for your family to enjoy and our fantastic team can help you plan your most memorable holiday yet. We can recommend activities to suit your specific families needs (including any disabilities and physical restrictions) and have great recommendations for Dining and Retail in our region. So feel free to give us a call! Otherwise you can book your accommodation here, or your Rotorua activities here.